Valthirian Arc: Heroic School Story 2 will leave Early Access and launch for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, Switch and PC via Steam in early 2023, a delay from its previously planned 2022 release, publisher PQube and developer Agate announced. Physical editions will also be available for PlayStation 5 and Switch.
Here’s an overview of the game, via PQube:
Valthirian Arc: Heroic School Story 2 is a fantasy RPG school building simulator where you control your own school in a fantasy kingdom. Take charge of the faculty and nurture a unique and growing list of students. Build your school from the ground up and undertake quests to secure Valthiria once again.
- Become the principal of a brand new hero academy, make tough story-based decisions and direct it your way.
- Nurture brave young students and transform them into the heroes the kingdom needs.
- Strategic turn-based combat built around class abilities and enemy weaknesses.
- Design your school from choosing and upgrading buildings to managing students’ courses, improve your reputation and become a top-ranked academy!
- Introducing a brand new political system, make four different factions happy and manage the World Threat System.
- Explore a lively and dynamic world with many regions and factions – take care of the monsters and creatures that roam the wild!
- New minigames including snowman building, fishing and eating competitions!
Lead and Nurture the Future of Valthiria
In Valthirian Arc: Heroic School Story 2nurture your students with beautifully crafted story arcs, pioneer your academy with management simulation mechanics, and embark on dangerous missions with tactical, turn-based combat.
Students will stay in your academy for three years before they graduate. During that time they can study physics, magic, cleric or archery. Each of them will affect the reputation and status of your academy within Valthiria. Heal the buildings in your academy to support you
Give Students “On the Field” Experience
Send students on quests to solve pressing problems across the realm in the open areas of Valthiria. By perfecting their skills and abilities, you will raise distinguished graduates and increase the prestige of your academy.
Your responsibilities may become overwhelming, but your attention to detail and strategic decision-making can reward you with more resources, talented new students, and even new job classes to unlock.
Get Involved in Extracurricular Activities
Saving the world harms students, it’s not all work and no play after all! Let your students participate in a variety of mini-games, including fishing, eating, and swimming contests!
Meet the Residents of Valthiria
- Eve – Faction: Academy. A green-haired girl with an endless supply of energy, Eva was once a promising graduate of the Academy. Rather than being a heroine and venturing out to face monsters, she chose to join the academic workforce to shape the next generation of heroes. Now, she is assigned to be the secretary of the new principal, Vi. Always dreaming of making her mark on the world, her goal of becoming a principal herself means she will continue to study your decisions even more closely.
- Leonid Marlen – Faction: Mokosil. Coming from the reclusive Mokosil tribe, Leonid defies all stereotypes and decides to study Arcwork. Full of knowledge unknown to most, there is always something to learn from this young student. More progressive than most of his relatives, there is a clash between the tradition of his tribe and the technology that he wants to deal with. As a principal you can encourage his studies further, while you yourself discover something new.
- Wilco Baskin – Fraction: Chernov. An uptight nobleman who values the legacy of his family name, Wilko begins to see the flaws in rigid tradition. A bit of the black sheep of the family, Wilko decided to branch out from his Chernov family of knights and train as a mage in secret. Coming from a family of heroes, Wilco can be a bit spoiled and think he’s destined for greatness. As you get to know him though, you will realize that he is a dedicated man with noble intentions. A diamond in the rough, will he succeed in becoming a mage or return to his family tradition and become a knight?
- Esra Alexei – Fraction: Percuna. A child prodigy in Arcworks, Esra longs to search for things she missed while being smothered by her family. Away from her parents in Perkuna, Esra hopes to experience things as a “normal” girl instead of her life as nobility. Powerful, polite and ladylike, as long as she can control her innate ability for Arcworks, Esra has the makings of becoming a reputable hero. Just make sure her insecurities don’t get the best of her.
Watch a new trailer below.