ABC and Dick Clark Productions have announced the next round of performers for “2022 American Music Awards“The world’s largest fan-voted awards show. Game-changing artists who have collectively collected 24 AMA nominations over four decades, including Anitta, Ari Lennox, Bebe Rexha, Charlie Puth, David Guetta, Dove Cameron, Gloriala, Lil Baby, And Stevie Wonder, will take the stage for an electrifying performance of their latest collaboration, hit single and tribute to their friends and mentors. Hosted by Wayne BradyThe “2022 American Music Awards” will be broadcast live Microsoft Theater in LA Live In Los Angeles Sunday, November 20, A 8:00 pm EST/PST on ABC and streaming on Hulu the next day. Additional performers will be announced prior to the show in the coming weeks.
This year’s event marks the 50th AMA show, and in honor of this monumental moment, artists will have the opportunity to speak to their musical inspirations throughout the evening. As part of this, the show will feature special tribute performances. P!NK will rejoin the AMA stage to perform a moving tribute to 10-time AMA winner Olivia Newton-John. Stevie Wonder will join Charlie Puth and Ari Lennox for a never-before-seen tribute to Icon Award recipient, Lionel Richie. These performers join previously announced artists Carrie Underwood, Imagine Dragons, JID, Yola and house DJ D-Nice.
Additional details about the performance are below:
– First time nominees glorilla will take the AMAs stage for the first time in his career. The performance will mark the rapper’s first since the Nov. 11 release of his new EP, “Anyway, Life’s Great….”
– As previously announced, the show will honor the 17-time AMA winner Lionel Richie including the prestigious Icon Award. As part of this honor, two-time AMA winner Dr Stevie Wonder and two-time AMA nominee Charlie Puth will take to the stage to perform a medley of Richie’s hits During the performance, the singer/songwriter Ari Lennox will also join the duo for a special tribute to Richie’s monumental music career.
– AMA Award Winner David Guetta and two-time nominee Babe Rexha Their US television performance debut would be the global smash hit “i’m good (blue)Upon release, “I’m Good (Blue)” hit number 1 on the Billboard Hot Dance/Electronic Songs chart in September.
– one of this year’s Best New Artist nominees, dove cameron, Cameron will take the AMAs stage for the first time to perform “Boyfriend” After the single was released this year, Cameron debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Emerging Artists list.
– nominated for a Favorite Female Latin Artist this year, Anita will take the AMAs stage to perform two of his most recent smash hits, “the lobby” and “the enveloperThe global superstar of Brazilian performance will mark the first time he’s brought his talent to the AMAs stage.
– Nominated for Favorite Male Hip-Hop Artist at this year’s show, the multiplatinum rapper lil baby will perform a medley of his smash hits”California breeze” and “in a minute“It’s the artist’s first time combining the two hits on an awards show stage. The four-time AMA nominee released her album “It’s Only Me” after,” It reached number 1 on the Billboard charts
– Eight-time AMA nominee P!NK The 10-time AMA winner will take the stage for the second time at the 2022 AMAs for a moving performance dedicated to the inspiring life and career of Olivia Newton-John. Newton-John died in August of this year after a long, difficult battle with breast cancer.
About “2022 American Music Awards”.
– The AMAs represent the year’s greatest achievements in music, as determined by the fans, for the fans Last year’s show stood as the most social broadcast of 2021 with 46.5 million interactions, emphasizing the role fans play in the annual event. A vibrant night of non-stop music, the AMAs feature a powerful lineup featuring first-time collaborations and exclusive world premiere performances from the biggest names in music – from pop to rap, R&B to country, Latin to K-pop – and more. As memorable moments survive in pop culture.
– As the world’s largest fan-voted awards show, the AMAs will broadcast globally across a footprint of linear and digital platforms in more than 120 countries and territories.
– Fan voting is now open at and through VoteAMAs.com Twitter In all award categories except Favorite K-Pop Artist. Voting for Favorite K-Pop Artist will be held on Tuesday, November 1.
– The “2022 American Music Awards” winners are voted entirely by fans Nominations are based on original fan interaction – reflected on the Billboard charts – including streaming, album and song sales, radio airplay and tour gross. These metrics are tracked by Billboard and its data partner Luminate and cover the eligibility period from September 24, 2021 to September 22, 2022.
– “2022 American Music Awards” is produced by Dick Clark Productions and Jesse Collins Entertainment. Jesse Collins is the showrunner and executive producer. Dionne Harmon, Jeannae Rouzan-Clay and Larry Klein also executive produce. For the latest AMA news, exclusive content and more, follow the AMAs on social (Facebook, TwitterInstagram, TikTok, Snapchat and YouTube), online at theamas.com and ABC.com, and join the conversation using the show’s official hashtag, #AMA.