Rainy World downloadable content “Downpour” will launch for PC via Steam on January 19, publisher Akupara Games and developer VIDEOCULT announced.
“I’m really happy about it heavy rain, Rainy WorldDevelopers are now paying attention to that side of the community (modding),” lead developer Andrew Marrero said in a press release. “There has always been a bit of a divide in the video game industry with mods, some developers embraced them, other developers quickly shut them down. That means a lot to all of us Rainy WorldThe developers are willing to embrace the community’s work to that extent, because this level of collaboration is not something you see very often.”
Here’s an overview of the downloadable content and gameplay, via Akupara Games:
Rain World: Heavy rain expands the ideas of their loyal player base that has been with them for the past five years. The downloadable content implements fully fleshed out modes that the community has created and modified, but it also adds Steam Workshop support and a built-in content manager to allow players the freedom to control how they really want to explore. Rainy World.
One of the game’s most influential community modders, Andrew Marrero, helped bring Rain World: Heavy rain to realization Working on the original “More Slugcats” mod, Andrew was brought in to help VIDEOCULT fully integrate these mods into “Downpour” and help create the next addition to. Rainy World. As lead developer, Andrew has combined the talents and work of fellow modders such as Garrakz and LeeMoriya to create extensive downloadable content for Rainy World
In Rainy World, you are a nomadic slug, both predator and prey in a broken ecosystem. Grab your spear and brave the industrial waste, hunting for enough food to survive, but be careful – other, bigger creatures have the same plan… and slugs look delicious.
The “Downpour” downloadable content includes hundreds of new maps across ten new regions; five new playable characters with unique mechanics, storylines and endings; two new game modes; and a local cooperative.
The full list of main features is as follows:
- Breaking New Ground to Explore – Survive and explore ten vast new regions—with thousands of new maps, environments, creatures, and veteran anomalies to discover.
- Five More Characters – Each with unique skills, abilities, playstyle and stories.
- Challenge Mode – Put your survivability to the test in multiple pre-built arena scenarios, adapting to each room as the difficulty increases.
- Safari Mode – Watch an ecosystem develop! Revisit areas once explored safely through the eyes of an observer – control and play as other creatures in the game to influence the scene.
- Jolly Co-Op – Up to four local players can explore and survive all base game campaigns in this local co-op mode. See if the power of friendship can overcome the treacherous world of Rainy World.
Rainy World is currently available for PlayStation 4, Switch and PC via Steam and GOG. A release date for “Downpour” on consoles has not yet been announced, but news is “coming soon.”
Watch a new trailer below.
Trailer for PC Release Date