Valorant’s upcoming patch, 5.09, will introduce a slew of changes, mainly affecting Harbor and five other Agents in the roster and helping to correct some inadvertent dynamics. The patch will also include major fixes to their abilities and other fixes.
The PBE is scheduled to be released on November 4th, after which there will be more updates on the new changes brought by Riot Games. The 5.09 patch is expected to be minimal in size due to the short list of changes it contains.
Valorant patch 5.09 will add important features
Updates are usually 1.5 GB to 2 GB in size. Considering the size of the upcoming changes, the file size of the patch will likely be in the smaller range. 5.09 could be 1.1-1.5 GB in size.
Valorant is, without a doubt, one of the most successful tactical shooters and a prized possession of Riot Games. The competitive first-person shooter strikes the perfect balance of shooting and character skills, providing players with a unique experience. However, being a free game has its limits.
All changes should be included in Valorant patch 5.09
This time, the developers paid more attention to the status of some Agents and fixed some unintentional anomalies. They tweaked and fixed Harbor’s abilities mainly in this patch. The abilities of a number of other Agents have also been tweaked to improve the gameplay experience.
The following are the fixes that patch 5.09 brings to the game:
- Fixed a bug where Harbor’s Cascade would sometimes disappear when looking away from it (heated during the 5.08 patch cycle).
- Fixed a bug where walking through Harbor’s Cove barrier didn’t blind players at the target distance (heated during the 5.08 buff cycle).
- Fixed a bug where Harbor’s High Tide would have significant gaps when cast in specific map locations.
- Fixed a bug where the Harbor’s Reckoning geysers would not appear in the area where the player was standing.
- Fixed an issue where Yoru would still enter his stealth and intangible state if he was stopped while casting Dimensional Drift. The hold now properly interrupts the cast.
- Fixed an issue where Fade could activate her Haunt and Seize projectiles to cause them to fall while she was Suppressed.
- Fixed an issue where Reyna would automatically heal after a kill while in Empress even though she was Suppressed.
- Fixed an issue where Sage could immediately break her Barrier by walling herself into a corner.
Throughout the year, Riot Games periodically improved Skye’s Seekers to ensure that they more reliably and efficiently reach their target. Minor changes have been made to how Skye’s Seekers navigate around obstacles once they’ve visually acquired their target.
If the target is untouchable by the time the Seekers reach them, it will not harm them. This includes Reyna while she is Rejected and Yoru in Dimensional Drift.
This will be an exciting update as fans may see a rapid shift in the meta, affecting team compositions throughout the game. Harbor will now be a formidable foe even though his abilities don’t directly deal damage. Instead, he will provide cover and block enemy lines of sight from various angles.