The critically acclaimed Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection launched as a decent PC port that was a little rough around the edges.
Iron Galaxy studios noticed the problems and released the first patch for the game on PC. Update 1.1 fixes one of the most glaring issues plaguing the game and that is mouse input. By adding support for raw input and decoupling frame rate sensitivity, the developers have made the game much more responsive. Additionally, the game’s motion blur, which was affected based on frame rate, has now been adjusted. However, the developers claim that the fix is less effective at higher frame rates at the moment.
This, along with a few other issues, will be addressed in a future update. Here’s everything covered in the latest update and what’s next for the title.
Also read: Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection now on PC: System requirements, price and more details
Uncharted PC Update 1.1 adds raw input support
The patch notes of Legacy of Thieves collection 1.1 are as follows:
- General stability and performance improvements
- Updated mouse control to use raw input data
- Removed frame rate dependency for mouse camera sensitivity
- Updated HDR option to be grayed out instead of hidden when HDR support is not detected or enabled by Windows
- Improvements to motion blur visibility
Additional notes for developers
- The effectiveness of Motion Blur decreases at higher frame rates.
- We are investigating a solution for users with older CPUs that do not meet the necessary levels of AVX support. Stay tuned for more information.
- To confirm that the patch was successfully installed, check that your game version number is v1.1.20381.
The Legacy of Thieves collection was released on PC on October 19, 2022, to mixed reviews. While the game itself was highly recommended, the PC port left a lot to be desired. Digital Foundry’s analysis of the game revealed a lack of in-depth screen options and poor feature implementation. The biggest complaint was the irregularity of motion blue, which seemed to completely miss the object in focus, based on framerates. Additionally, the game’s poor implementation of mouse sense has been criticized as well.
Update 1.1 serves as the first step in a series of fixes that will help the PC port shine. There are currently no announcements as to when the next patch will arrive.