Ludhiana top nation for 100 pc tap water supply: The Tribune India | Biden News


Tribune News Service

Nitin Jain

Ludhiana, October 23

Ludhiana district has been first in the country and state for providing tap water supply to all households under Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s flagship Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM), the government has confirmed.

All 3,25,459 households in the state’s largest district, by area and population, have clean and safe water supply.

According to the official figures, 100 percent of households in the district have been covered under the Centre’s scheme. The official figures were compiled by the Department of Water Supply and Sanitation under the Union Ministry of Jal Shakti, a copy of which is available with The Tribune.

The figures indicate that 1,49,198 households, which account for 45.84 percent of the total 3,25,459 households in the district, had water supply before the launch of the JJM on August 15, 2019. The remaining 1,76,261 households , accounting for 54.16 percent in the district, were provided by tap water supply by March 31 this year.

Ludhiana is among 120 districts in the country where 1,327 blocks, 76,748 village panchayats and 1,60,401 villages have 100 percent functional household tap connections (FHTCs).

The agrarian state’s 17,47,390 households were without tap water connections when the JJM was launched on August 15, 2019, out of which 17,45,160 households (accounting for 99.87 percent), have been covered so far. While Punjab remained a little short of achieving 100 percent coverage, the country covered 54.06 percent households under the JJM.

In Punjab, 34,23,718 out of the total 34,25,948 households, which accounts for 99.93 percent, have been provided with clean and safe drinking water supply.

In the country, as many as 10,38,87,876 out of the total 19,15,14,731 households, accounting for 54.25 percent, were provided with tap water supply till October 20.

While Punjab will soon achieve 100 per cent coverage, six states and Union Territories – Haryana, Goa, Telangana, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Pondicherry, Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu – have already achieved 100 per cent household coverage with functional tap water. relationships Gujarat is about to reach the milestone as it has already registered 99.99 percent coverage.

Official Speech

The Jal Jeevan Mission aims to ensure potable water supply in adequate quantity, of prescribed quality and on a regular and long-term basis to every rural household in the country by 2024. The Center has allocated funds to the states and UTs under the mission since August 2019. – Vini Mahajan , secretary, drinking water and sanitation, union ministry of jal shakti

#narendra modi


Source link