Publishers Meridiem Games and Gammera Nest, and developer ChaoticBrain Studio will release a cyberpunk-themed pixel art adventure RPG Neon Blood for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch and PC via Steam in 2023, the companies announced.
Here’s an overview of the game, via the publishers:
The year is 2053, and after the devastation of the Third World War, humanity has been reduced to existing in a single macropolis called Viridis, which consists of two cities, the luxurious Shining City and the dystopian Blind City.
Axel McCoin, a detective from Blind City, finds himself motivated by his ideals to rebel against the injustices caused by the social separation between the two cities. Further motivated by the social inequalities that exist in society, he becomes a symbol of revolution to the people who share his ideals.
In his adventure, Axel will meet powerful allies who will help him in his quest as well as enemies who will stand in his way, such as Ruby Emerald who will do everything in her power to derail Axel’s plans.
- Neon Blood reveals an elaborate and deep story with a cyberpunk theme that acts as a thread to tell the story of Axel and the relationships he will establish during his adventure.
- Character interaction and exploration will lead the Axel through the micropolis of Viridis revealing the different realities of the two cities to players.
- Neon Blood was created using stunning 2.5D images, based on the use of 2D sprites in pixel art with 3D modeled environments, maintaining an aesthetic differentiation between the 2D characters and the 3D environments.
- Explore the two deeply contrasting cities with markedly different aesthetics – the futuristic sci-fi cityscape of Bright City and dark, gritty cyberpunk inspired Blind City.
- Use detective Axel McCoin’s investigative skills to uncover Viridis’ dark secrets and set in motion a revolution that could destroy the foundations of society.
Watch the announcement trailer below.
Publisher Announce Trailer