By Mark Eisner: Vasyl Lomachenko fights tonight in a key match against #8 WBC Jamaine Ortiz in the 12th round of the heavyweight division at the main event of Top Rank Boxing at Madison Square Garden in New York. The main card starts at 10:00 p.m. ET on ESPN+.
Credit: Mikey Williams (Highlights via Getty Images)
Boxing 24 will be providing live updates & results of tonight’s action below on the Lomachenko vs. People.
- In an interesting work, a light weightless vision Duke Ragan (8-0, 1 KO) beat Luis LeBron (18-5-1, 11 KOs) with an eight round unanimous decision. In the seventh round, Lebron hurt Ragan with a right hand that held him. The scores were 77-75, 78-74, and 79-73. The most accurate of three points is 77-75 points.
- Unbeatable weight Nico Ali Walsh (7-0, 5 KOs) look down and interesting, the pain has fought hard to defeat a little-know Billy Wagner (5-3, 1 KO) via six round decision. The judges scored it 58-56, 58-56, and 59-55. Walsh, the grandson of the great boxer Muhammad Ali, did not show any of his grandfather’s style, fighting to defeat a guy who should be destroyed. Walsh suffered a lot in this fight, and his handlers will need to slow down his progress after this performance.
- Welterweight prospect Delante ‘Tiger’ Johnson (6-0, 4 KOs) def Esteban Garcia (15-2, 7 KOs) by lopsided six round unanimous decision. The judges scored it 60-54, 60-54, and 60-54 for 2020 Olympian Johnson.
- The average weight level Troy Isley (8-0, 4 KOs) beat Quincy Lavallais (14-4-1, 9 KOs) with an eight round unanimous decision. The scores were 79-73, 80-72, and 80-72.
- Heavy Abdullah Mason (5-0, 4 KOs) knocked out Angel Barrera (4-1, 0 KOs) in the fourth round. Barrera fell twice in the third round. In the fourth time, the referee stepped in and stopped the game. The stoppage time was at :21, round four.
- Really light weight light weight Haven Brady Jr (8-0, 4 KOs) beat Eric Mondragon is a man on the moon (7-1-1, 4 KOs) by dominant eight round unanimous decision. The scores were 78-74, 79-73, and 79-73.
Lomachenko (16-2, 11 KOs) is seeing action for the first time in ten months since his victory over Richard Commey last December. Tonight, he will face the unbeaten Ortiz (16-0-1, 8 KOs), who came off a career-best victory over former WBO 130-lb champion Jamel Herring last May.
Bob Arum, Lomachenko’s promoter, is not sure what to expect from him, because he has been out of the ring for a long time, defending his country.
“I think we will have an interesting fight. I know him and I sparred with him. I know what kind of fighter he is, and I assure you that it will be very interesting,” said Vasyl Lomachenko here’s Abrams Boxing about his fight with Jamaine Ortiz tonight.
Vasily Lomachenko vs. Jaime Ortiz
Robey Ramirez vs. Matias Romero
Richard Torrez Jr. and Ahmed Hefny
Duke Ragan vs. Luis LeBron
Nico Ali Walsh vs Billy Wagner
Troy Isley vs. Quincy LaValais
Tiger Johnson vs. Esteban Garcia
Abdullahi Mason vs. Angel Barrera
Haven Brady Jr vs Eric Mondragon
Lomachenko said, “I don’t think it’s going to make a big difference, because the state you’re in and the way you’re fighting are different,” Lomachenko said when asked if it made a difference. made between him and Jamaine in the past. .
“Yeah, sure, that’s the biggest goal in professional boxing today,” Lomachenko said when asked if he wants to fight lightweight champion Devin Haney in his next fight if he beats Ortiz tonight. .
“Listen, it would be great to fight the biggest,” Lomachenko said when asked if he wanted to fight Gervonta ‘Tank’ Davis, Ryan Garcia, Haney, and Shakur Stevenson. “It will be good to fight them in the same competition.
“For a long time, I said it would be good to compete and take the best in the competition. But we all understand very well that maybe he doesn’t rely on boxers all the time,” said Lomachenko.