CD Projekt Red has started rolling out Cyberpunk 2077 update 1.61, which contains many fixes and FSR 2.1 support.
As said, this new patch contains various fixes and improvements for quests, visuals and gameplay. In addition, it includes platform-specific fixes, including a fix for a problem in the PC version that caused FPS drops when exiting menus. One of the most interesting changes, however, was included at the bottom of the official release notes – support for AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.1 on PC and next-gen consoles. Whether that means FSR 2.1 is also supported on PlayStation 5 remains to be seen.
AMD recently posted the official source code for its high-scaling tech, with the code also available to Xbox developers. As far as we know, the most recent adaptation of AMD’s high-scaling technology is FSR 2.0 in Scorn. On PlayStation 5, it’s a different story, as last year’s Arcadegeddon is the first title to use AMD’s technology on Sony’s console. At the moment, we are not really sure if there are other PS5 titles using FSR, but we do know that Sony has not officially announced that the technology is implemented in their software packages (SDK).
You will find the release notes for the new patch below:
Cyberpunk 2077 Update 1.61 Release Notes
QUESTS & OPEN WORLD
- Fixed an issue where spamming the Interact button to loot containers could cause various NCPD Scanner Hustles to not complete properly.
- Reported Crime: Another Circle of Hell, Lost and Found, Blood in the Air, Disloyal Employee, Don’t Forget the Parking Brake!, Buddy Red – fixed an issue where a quest would not be completed after looting the goods.
- Fixed an issue where some Raid in Progress missions in Northside, Rancho Coronado, Coastview and Badlands were not completed despite completing the objective.
- Fixed an issue where some Suspected Organized Criminal Activities were not completed despite completing the objective.
- Fixed an issue that could disable all Drop Points, blocking progress in various concerts.
- Fixed an issue where it was not possible to complete Raid in Progress in Charter Hill because the clue did not appear.
- Cyberpsycho Sighting: House on a Hill – fixed an issue where it was not possible to reach the Cyberpsycho because the garage door would not open.
- Cyberpsycho Sighting: Where the Bodies Hit the Floor – fixed an issue where the quest was stuck on the “Find the Cyberpsycho” objective after defeating the Cyberpsycho and sending information to Regina.
- Gig: Error 404 – fixed an issue where the gig would not start after approaching the area.
- Gig: Freedom of the Press – fixed an issue where it was not possible to continue inside the TV station building because the doors were closed.
- Gig: Greed Never Pays – fixed an issue where it was impossible to complete the “Find the hidden room” objective because the computer was disabled.
- Gig: Last Login – fixed an issue where the gig wouldn’t start after approaching the area.
- Gig: No Fixers – fixed an issue where the gig would not start after approaching the area.
- Gig: Old Friends – fixed an issue where the gig would not trigger after approaching the area.
- Gig: Playing for Keeps – fixed an issue where it was not possible to talk to the bartender if a fight started inside the bar, blocking progress.
- Gig: We Have Your Wife – fixed an issue where Lauren would not react after coming to her rescue, blocking progress.
- Auto Love – fixed an issue that could block progress to additional main quests after leaving Clouds.
- Fortunate Son – fixed an issue where it was not possible to progress past the “Return to the Aldecaldos camp” objective.
- I Fought the Law – fixed an issue where after meeting with River, he teleported to an inaccessible area underground, blocking progress.
- Small Man, Big Mouth – fixed an issue where the truck in the garage could be made to disappear, blocking progress.
- Night City NPCs will now carry umbrellas in various colors and shapes.
- Fixed several instances of missing collisions that could result in a player falling off the map.
- Fixed various floating or displaced objects on the map.
- Fixed the issue where V’s breasts would cut through clothing after resizing on Ripperdoc.
- Fixed an issue where after changing nail length from long to short using the mirror, the change was not reflected in the game until reloading a save.
- Fixed an issue where cars could crash after crashing into them.
- Fixed an issue where Headhunter and Blue Fang Iconic knives would not appear in a vendor’s inventory if a player visited the vendor prior to the 1.6 Patch.
- Crit Damage and Quickhack Cooldown Reduction bonuses on clothing should now work properly.
- It would now be possible to craft the Legendary variant of the Amnesty Iconic revolver.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to use consumables during fistfights.
- Fixed an issue where weapons with burst damage dealt less damage than intended.
- Fixed an issue where slot mods would disappear from an item after selling it to a vendor, leaving and then returning to the same vendor.
- Fixed an issue where placing a corpse in a container or trunk, leaving and then returning could give a player an infinite amount of money.
- The Heat Resistant aramid-weave set shirt will now also be available for non-Street Kid players.
- Fixed an issue where firing certain weapons while falling could cancel fall damage.
- The Beast in Me – fixed an issue where a player’s position could be shown as 1/6 despite coming second.
- Fixed an issue where returning key bindings to default was not reflected in the game until restart/reload.
- Fixed an issue where the inventory menu could quickly scroll up and down after disassembling or dropping an item.
- Fixed the issue with temporary FPS drops when exiting menus.
- Addressed the issue where achievements in the Epic Games Store were not awarded despite meeting the requirements. Note that in cases where the conditions have been met previously in a previous save, it may be required to try a new game or from an earlier save where the conditions have not yet been met.
- Load Menu should no longer get stuck while playing the game on GOG without an internet connection.
- Fixed an issue where upgrading an item to a higher level rarity crashed the game.
- Fixed an issue where Cross Progression saves from the Xbox One family were not transferred to PC or PlayStation.
- Fixed an issue where after logging into GOG on PlayStation, the My Rewards section displayed an error.
- Fixed an issue where the game would not pause when the game was stopped.
- Added support for AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.1 (PC and next-gen consoles only).
- Fixed an issue where under specific circumstances Judy could disappear from the game while in her apartment.
- Fixed an issue where the Cloakroom interaction in the Nomad Camp was duplicated after passing time there.
- It will no longer be possible to play on arcade machines that are placed horizontally.
We’ll update you as soon as more information about FSR 2.1 support on PS5 comes in.
Products mentioned in this post