A new update for Genshin Impact is here and now available to download and install for PC as well. Each new update brings tons of new content, characters, and quests to do, and miHoYo continues to improve and expand the game to new heights. Despite the constant flow of new content, however, the state of actually updating the game is still quite poor, and that is the reason why so many users resort to manually completing the task. If you want to manually update to Genshin Impact 3.2, you can follow this guide.
Manually upgrade to Genshin Impact 3.2
We’ve covered every update this way, and the biggest advantage of this method is that you can use the download client of your choice. You can download the files individually and make sure you get full speed as well.
Please keep in mind that this guide assumes you are on version 3.1.
Required Downloads for 3.2
Download the following files which are for version 3.2.
Note: Downloading all audio files is not necessary. Download only the ones you need. It should be noted that you need at least one.
Also, you will need to download the sound patch for your language Windows is set to, meaning you’ll need the English pack if that’s your default Windows language.
Update to 3.2
Once you have the required files, we can move to the installation process.
- First, run the Genshin Impact launcher and make sure it’s up to date. We are referring to the launcher version here and not the game version. Simply running the game launcher will do automatically update itself, so do it once.
- Now, click on the An update button, and after a few seconds, click the Pause a button.
- Please close the launcher properly, and make sure it is not running in the background.
- You can also check if it works in the taskbar and close it from there too.
- You can also check the Task manager to see if it doesn’t work there.
- Now, go to the next location.
C:\Program Files\Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game\ (or wherever you installed the game)
- In this place, remove all of them .zip_tmp files (temp files that were downloaded when you hit the An update a button)
- Copy the files you previously downloaded in the “Required Downloads” section and paste them in the following location (the a patch file for 3.2 and the audio files)
C:\Program Files\Genshin Impact\Genshin Impact Game\ (or wherever the game is installed, just make sure it is in the Genshin Impact Game folder)
- After following the above steps, run the launcher again, and it will say Pre-installation done/An update (See below)
These are the steps you need to follow to make sure Genshin Impact is updated from version 3.1 to 3.2.
Important things to consider
- DO NOT CHANGE THE FILES. If you want to keep playing until the game is live, you’ll need to make sure you don’t extract the files manually.
- Please do not extract the files because if you do, you will not be able to play the game until a patch 3.2 is to live
- “Pre-installation done” means you can continue playing the game until the patch (3.2) is alive
- If you follow this guide, after updating 3.2 started it will say “update” instead of “Pre-installation done“.
- Click that option, and it will install these downloaded files.
- The files provided in this guide are downloaded directly of MiHoYo servers.
- This means that these are completely safe and from the developers themselves.
We hope this guide was helpful and that you were able to manually update to Genshin Impact 3.2. If you have any questions, please ask them in the comments below.